Romantic Ideas and Dating
Just looking for romantic ideas to surprise your partner, spice
up your love life, or make a first date memorable? Whether your
relationship is well-established or brand new, a clever date can
really spice up your love life. There are all kinds of romantic
dating ideas for every budget. There are love letters to send, romantic
poetry to share beneath the shade of a tree
Romantic Date Ideas
1) Hang out at a cozy or charming cafe for a dessert and a drink.
2) Meet for a glass of wine at a wine bar in an interesting area
before taking a stroll in the neighborhood.
3) If you've hung out a few times, invite your date over and make
a gourmet pizza together.
4) Take a Salsa dance class, which is often cheap or free.
5) Rent a rowboat with your date on a sunny day.
1) Go on a bike ride or walk that includes a destination offering
ice cream or a cold drink.
2) Shoot hoops, play frisbee, or rollerblade. Sports are great for
3) If one or both of you have a dog, visit a dog park together.
4) Plan a picnic. Impress your date with a sophisticated sandwich
and delightful bottle of wine. Bring a book of poetry and settle
back together beneath the shade of a tree.
5) Go kite flying
1) Check out your city's Indie bands. It's a great way to support
local musicians and the cover is cheap.
2) Go see live comedy. Even if it stinks, you'll still laugh.
3) See an old film at a repertory movie house.
4) Attend a lecture or a workshop on a topic that you're both interested
in learning more about.
5) Enjoy a gallery or museum together (many galleries even have
pay what you can).
1) Play tourist in your city for a day. Buy a guidebook and discover
interesting walking tours.
2) If you and your date enjoy photography, pack your cameras and
go on a photography adventure together.
3) Dine at an affordable restaurant offering Eastern cuisine --
like Chinese or Indian -- and enjoy a cheaper and more exotic meal
than your usual date fare.
4) Check out your local paper or the Internet for free events or
festivals in your area.
5) Visit your city's famous landmarks that you probably take for
granted or haven't seen since you were a little kid!
Authors of Romantic Poetry
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Romantic Gift Ideas
Send a personalized love letter.
Make a "Mix Tape". In other words, burn a cd of your
favorite music and music that expresses how you feel and give it
to them. Remember to include a dedication to them in the liner notes.